Thursday, February 17, 2011

ten months

My baby is ten months old yesterday. His first tooth came through last week and I realized I'll be done nursing him in only two short months.
Such bitter sweet thoughts! I'd be lying if I didn't say it makes me a little giddy. I'm ready for the next stage in life. I want to travel with the kids and there is no way we can backpack Europe with a baby in tow. (Hey, a girl can dream.)
But OH MY GOODNESS is he a sweet baby! And he's my last. I'll never get to give birth again, or nurse, or cuddle a newborn in quite the same way again. Ok, I'm crying now. Tight throat, tears. Oh man, somebody help me!
But it's ok, right? Life moves on. I'm ready. I just have to eat up every baby moment I have with this little guy. He'll be out of diapers soon enough and I can actually carry a real purse again. In a back pack. Through Europe.

1 comment:

Clayton & Company said...

it is possible to make it through Europe with a baby. ;0) hard to believe that my Henry was this big when we moved there. time flies way too fast. might i add that i just love your posts. you really have a way with words and your pictures are beautiful.