Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A random thought

I was perusing a couple of blogs the other day written by college age girls. Quite frankly, their writing was lovely. Poetic and powerful. It took me back to those days when I filled journal after journal with "poetic heartbreak and pain" along side some tremendous growth. It's when I decided to grow up and let me tell you.. it wasn't easy!
I get them out every so often and remember my life back then. I appreciate it and then feel so grateful to have moved on! To be where I am now. The emotional drama was necessary I suppose, but I prefer calm waters.
And I realize these "calm water days" could thunderstorm at any moment. Life can change on a dime. So I will savor today. I was reminded of all these things as I listened to President Monson talk about gratitude this morning.
"My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."

So, so true.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Niki! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on gratitude. That is such a great quote from President Monson. Hope you are having a great day!

Emily said...

Yes, I remember that Niki! And I loved her too! You still have such a talent for expressing yourself. I love to read your blog and know that you are enjoying those "calm waters". So happy for you and for me to be your friend!