Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family Home Evening Board

I've been trying to finish up some old projects lately and this one's been haunting me for a couple of years. I mean literally, like two or three years. Rather than buy vinyl lettering I decided to wing it and just do my own with paint. This is as close as I'm going to get to a tutorial so bare with me ok?

1. Bought a bamboo cutting board on clearance at TJ MAXX. (I have a serious love/hate relationship with that store!)
2. Painted words on it.
3. Set it on a shelf for two years.
4. drilled holes in the bottom and screwed in some hooks
5. Set on a shelf for six more months
6. Made pictures to hang on the hooks.
7. Attached a wire to the back to hang it up.
What I don't like about it:
1. The size. Too big. I mean, it's bordering on obnoxiously big. The problem is that it took me almost three years to actually finish the project. This baby's stayin!
What I like about it:
1. The pictures. Now even the smallest can see their part.
2. Love the bamboo.
3. Most of all.. it's finally done!!

No comments: