Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lovely Lauren

That's what I call her. My Lovely Lauren. The Middlest. She bore her testimony on Sunday for the first time. If I just lost you there, remember.. I'm a mormon. On the first Sunday of the month we have the opportunity to tell the congregation why we believe in Jesus Christ. It comes from the heart and feels a lot like a prayer.
Brent and I do it occasionally and we let the kids practice at home during family home evening. The rule is, if you want to do it in church, you do it alone. I want them to be old enough to say what's in their heart.. not words I whisper into their ear.
I wanted to say "no". I reminded her she had to do it alone. But she was determined and so confident.
She really did surprise us all. My lovely Lauren got up and said just what was in her heart.

No comments: