Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nature Center

Probably more for my sanity than theirs, we've started taking a field trip every Thursday.  It really does make our week so much better!  This week we visited the Newport Beach Environmental Nature Center.  Lots of cool things to touch and play with and some beautiful walking trails.  We saw lots and lots of lizards, rabbits, shiny rocks and poppies.  Quite by accident, we happened upon a group of retired folks taking a painting class.  The girls had their sketch books and in no time at all had joined right in.  It was a morning well spent.  



4 comments:

Cherie said...

So fun! I can't believe how red your two youngest are when the two oldest arent't. I love it!

Bonnie said...

Oh, I love the colors in those pictures! I think poppies are one of my favorite flowers. I'll have to see if I can grow them here. . .

Kirbell said...

Oooh, we'll have to go there sometime. Looks fun!

jenerekfamily said...

Beautiful! I was thinking today about how much I MISS you. Did Abbey lose her tooth yet?