Friday, March 27, 2009

Children and Friends

We just got home from a play date at the park.  I don't mean to brag.. but I'm going to do it anyway.  I have an absolutely stellar group of friends.  Women I met at church who get together at least once a week.  We let the kiddies play and just enjoy spending time together.  On the whole, they are amazingly beautiful, talented, and so very, very positive.  I love it and I love them.  I know many of them well and others I'm still getting to know (it's a big group).  However there's this one small problem.  Even as an adult I still get blind sided with shyness.  It's a curse.  Really it is.  Aren't we supposed to outgrow such things?!  The good news is that my children have definitely NOT inherited my shy, and occasionally insecure, nature.  I love watching them play.  They are so confident and happy!  I thought I was supposed to teach them about life, love etc.. But I've found exactly the opposite to be true.  Thank you, Lord, for sending me children like these!  And good friends too.

No comments: