Thursday, January 1, 2009

Post holiday blues

It's that time of year.  The tree is down and decorations put away.  I'm supposed to make "resolutions" that will make my life better.  Lose twenty pounds, go to bed earlier, read my scriptures daily, recycle.  Those (and many others) have been my resolutions for the last five years.  Well to heck with it! This yearly goal thing isn't workin for me.  I just want to think about today.  So in an effort to cheer myself up I think I'll make a happy list.  This is what I'm grateful for today.
  • I'm glad the holidays are over.  It's nice to be home.
  • There's roast in the oven and it smells awesome.  I'm grateful for food.
  • And milk.  I love milk.
  • My husband loves me even when my mood is a little stormy.
  • Besides a nasty cold, I'm healthy.
  • I have a drawer full of chocolate.
  • My kids have very healthy lungs.
  • Tyler's molar is almost through.  Hallelujah.
I feel a little better.  Now for plan B...that drawer full of chocolate.  I'll lose twenty pounds next year.

2 comments:

Kirbell said...

You're so cute. I feel the same way about New Year's resolutions. Now I have a new one: buy more chocolate.

Heather said...

If I make New Year's Resolutions, I'm likely to forget them. I like to make shorter term goals.

And I can see you're already having fun with your new camera! Great shot!