Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wicked

For Christmas this year Brent gave me tickets to Wicked.  I'm a sucker for good music, costumes, theatrics, etc.. and this did not disappoint!  I'll never watch the Wiz of Oz the same way again.  Without giving too much away, it's about the power of friendship.  And it was absolutely beautiful!  Good friends are an amazing strength and joy in my life.  And I'm most grateful of all for the blessing I have of being married to my best friend.  Thank you, Brent, for an awesome nine years.  It just keeps gettin' better an better!

6 comments:

Tami said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to go! I would love to see it again sometime. Are the songs stuck in your head?

Amy G. said...

just don't read the book. very different. and very dumb/disturbing.

i get to see the musical in july...i CANNOT wait!

littlest said...

so jealous! it is coming to slc in april--and i stood in a line (outside) for 5+ hours and STILL didn't get tickets...can you believe it? so jealous. i LOVE the music. so glad you saw it!

Kirbell said...

Yay. Wicked is definitely my favorite musical EVER! So glad you got to go!!

Nicole said...

Fun Niki! I'd see it a hundred times over and never tire of it. The music is both fun and powerful...what a great surprise!

Heather said...

I agree with Amy. I started the book and was extremely disturbed. Didn't get very far. I guess the musical is a far cry from the original story or it wouldn't be so popular!