Tuesday, July 28, 2009

grandma's by design

I must have been about seven when I first started visiting the Jones.  They lived in a mobile home park a few blocks from my house and had this adorable little pug dog that wiped his nose on me every time I visited.  For whatever reason, I just couldn't get enough of them.  I must have visited  every other day for two years at least.
My point?  I'm in the habit of adopting grandparents. Young and old.. we just need each other.  My husband's grandma's sister and her friend live about an hour away and we love spending an evening with them every few months. 
 They are gracious, lovely women and our kids adore them.
Come to think of it, so do we!  So thanks Grandma Dawny and Grandma Betty.  We love you and can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I love going there, Mom!
Sarah