Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Getty

One of the many things I love about this guy is his love for the fine arts.  A Saturday alone together exploring the Getty was completely his idea.  Did I mention we were alone.. .as in totally and completely with out children, diaperbags, strollers, sippy cups..etc, etc..?  Now please don't get the wrong idea, and for heaven's sake don't scold!  I'm all about exposing the kids to art, theatre, and literature.  But considering we very nearly got kicked out of the public library this week trying to enjoy that literature part, I wasn't exactly torn up about leaving them home.
I realize I focused on the wall here instead of Brent but I wanted to post this picture anyway. I"m sorry, but I just gotta say it.  My husband is...I'm at a loss for words actually.  I don't want to embarrass the guy, but he really is absolutely incredible.  Enough said.
Beautiful gardens..

and more beautiful gardens.
Ever try taking a picture of an enormous, exceedingly white building on top of a hill in full sun?  Well, I hadn't either.  So much light was reflected that most of my pictures looked completely over exposed.  Live and learn I guess.  And if you ever visit the Geddy take my advice and wear sunglasses!  I've never been so thankful for them in all my life!
The water features and architecture were stunning.  In fact, think I enjoyed these almost more than the exhibits.
So there you go.  Come to L.A.  Visit the Getty.  Wear sunglasses and leave the kids at home.   Oh, and come visit me while you're at it (Yes, I mean you Cheri)!

No comments: