Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eight is Great

The house is quiet.  The last of our company just left.  It's been an awesome week.  My sister and her family came and Brent's parents came.  And even though right now Sarah only remembers that the water was freezing, I know that over time she'll realize the significance of her baptism.  The power and direction that comes with the gift of the Holy Ghost is so life changing.  And the gift of repentance is key to joy.  And I'm not just talking happiness.. but true, deep joy.  The kind you feel to your very center.  She'll get it.  I don't think I really "got it" until I was in my twenties.   Actually, who am I kidding?  I probably still don't fully get it.  But I am happy.. and I have moments of that deep kind of joy.  Sarah is a part of that.  And I'm so proud of the woman she is growing up to be.  

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, how could I not realize that Sarah turned 8 this year? I thought of her on her birthday, but unfortunately the hospital kept me way busy. It seems like just yesterday I met her for the first time, she was just two months old and I still have pictures of us outside the Oakland temple---it brings tears to my eyes to see how wonderfully she has grown up.

Sarah, you are amazing and such a special girl, you will always hold a special place in my heart! Yay for your baptism, such a wonderful and beautiful day.

Oh, how I wish that I lived closer to you guys. Jason's sister and husband will be moving close to you guys this July and we are hoping to go visit soon if Grace is doing well--we'll definately plan on coming to see you guys too!

Tami said...

Congratulations! What a special day for all of you!

The Birches said...

Ok, we all know I'm a big baby so I can say this... looking at that picture made me a little emotional. I can't believe she is eight! I remember her so little, now she is all grown up! I love Sarah! Give her a big hug from me!

Heather said...

Sarah is 8? Wow! Where did the time go? Congratulations Sarah on making such an important decision!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! She's really eight? Wow! Congrats on the baptism!