Tuesday, April 28, 2009

City Kids

I knew I was in trouble the day Abbey saw a man trimming grass with a weed eater and asked me "Mom, why is that man playing golf on the side of the road?".   My poor, poor city kids have no concept of yard work.  Just last week Abbey asked me if all bushes grew round or rectangular. *sigh*

I do what I can.  Really I do.  We have some community gardens nearby that we ride our bikes too a couple of times a week.  The girls have made friends with a gardner there and tromp through the mud to plant onions and cabbage with him occasionally.  Please don't pity them.  Someday... someday they'll know the joy of pulling weeds on a hot Saturday morning... 


1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Just wait...one day you will miss your city life. I miss my apartment sometimes. Like the other day when I really wanted to nap while the kids napped, but instead I had to mow the lawn. SIGHHHHH.