Sunday, February 22, 2009

win some and lose some

So this week was Abbey's birthday.  I can hardly believe she's six!  I'm tellin ya, time goes faster as you get older.  It must be some weird physics principle that I just don't know about.  Ok, let's be honest, like I know about any weird physics principles.  At her family party we decided to do something a little different and got each of the other kids a small present.  Of course, Abbey's was the biggest and best.  She IS the birthday girl after all.  The intention was that it would dampen sibling jealousy and everyone would have something cool and new to play with.  Sounds good in theory right?  Watch Abbey's face.  Here's Lauren opening hers.
Yeah, it's cool to see my sister get a present.
Ok, that's really cool.  Umm...I think I want that.
Well here goes.  It's got be at least as cool as my sisters.
What?!  A stinkin purse?!   Never mind that I've been asking for one.  I want toys!!?
Don't worry.  The day got better.  A party at the park with some good friends and many presents later, Abbey was all smiles again.  We love you Abbey!  And next year, I promise I won't buy you a purse.






3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the documentation of the faces. And the only theory I know about is "Relativity"...that applies, right? For real though, time does seem to speed up. I can't believe she's six. Such a doll. I sure miss those sweet girls.

Leah Miller said...

it is hard to be a kid!

Lana said...

wow, I can remember when Abbey was born and she was adorned in a mint green sleeper with a little bow magically stuck onto her tiny little head... now she's 6! yikes!