Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas letter

Although I sent out a few cards, and I did just post pictures of the kids, I neglected to include a family letter.  There are several reasons for this, the first one being I just didn't make the time to do it.  And second, I'm leary of the brag fest kind of letters..."my life, husband, and kids are all perfect.  We all get straight A's.  I lost 20 lbs and just ran a marathon, ect, etc.. " Those things are all great ( I wish I just ran a marathon).  Of course on the flip side, you wouldn't want to share your family dirt.  Truth is, I just find it difficult to sum up an entire year in a letter.  Just know we are doing well.  We are healthy, happy, learning every day, and very, very grateful for our blessings.  I asked the girls this morning what they are most thankful for.
Tyler is just happy to be here!  He can now say Mom, Dad, hi, and baby.  So I guess those would be the things he's most thankful for.
Lauren is thankful for Jesus, angels, cows, horsies, deers, dogs, and cats.  And choo-choo trains.
Abbey is thankful for Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and her family.
Sarah is grateful for fairies, her family (including Molly the guinea pig), her bed and everything on it.

As for me, it's hard to put my gratitude into a list.  There are too many things.  I'm grateful for Brent and for my children.  For sunshine, green grass, good food, and baby kisses.  I'm grateful for my life and each day I get to share it with the ones I love most.  I'm grateful for my Savior. Because of Him, we have the opportunity to change ourselves, to become better, every day if we choose to do so.  And because of the Atonement we have the opportunity to be with our loved ones into the eternities.  We have perspective and that often means the difference between joy and misery.  This Christmas we choose gratitude and joy.  Merry Christmas friends!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think it is kind of fun to just share your dirty laundry, but that's just me! I can't believe how big everyone is getting. Your children are all so beautiful and each with their own look. I was wondering if Tyler was thankful for any baby in particular? This isn't an announcement is it?
Just wanted to say that I love you and love to keep up. I miss just talking to you when I read your blog. Merry Christmas!

Leah Miller said...

Those pictures turned out great. They look so different than I remember!