Friday, September 19, 2008

Vader vs Jedi


It's an interesting thing as a parent to watch your children grow.  I was writing today about Sarah's birth.   She's blessed our family for seven years now.  Have I taught her enough about her place in the world?  And not only Sarah, but her brother and sisters as well?  Will they be strong and confident and grow with integrity?  When the challenges come, will they choose the right?  Agency is such an awesome and terrifying gift!  As I watch my children, they amaze me with how much they already know.  They are so sweet and smart and good...and stubborn, independent and ornery!  All things that will serve them well as they grow.  And they are all so very different.  For halloween this year Sarah is going to be Darth Vader.  Appropriate considering her Dad's childhood obsession.  Last year she was a pirate.  The one eyed, growling, candy stealing kind.  She keeps justifying her naughtiness by saying "But Mom!!  Darth Vader doesn't have a mommy to make him be good!"  I think next year I'll make her be a Jedi Knight.

2 comments:

The Titmi said...

Interesting choice! I didn't know she was a tom boy :)

Heather B said...

We miss you, and love seeing how those kids keep you on your toes. They are beautiful. I hear you about that agency thing, though. You are doing a wonderful job. Take care, and may the force be with you all!