Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doheny Beach campout

I would definitely qualify us as amateur campers.  At least this time we remembered our tent (long story for another time).  However, despite the foggy, cool weather, we had a good time.  The kids might even say a great time.  Doheny State Beach is right off of the freeway so it took until late into the night for the traffic (and RV generator) noise  to die down.  But once it did, sleeping to the sound of the waves was lovely.  Next summer we may even venture a little further from civilization.  I have a new respect for my parents who routinely hauled four kids out into the middle of nowhere to "live off the land" for the weekend.  It's a whole lot of work!  And often, in retrospect, a whole lot of fun.




3 comments:

Amy G. said...

Every time I see people's camping pictures I wonder why I'm not doing that with my kids. Maybe it was your comment regarding the forgotten tent that helps me to realize the answer to my former question. I'm afraid much more than the tent would be forgotten if left to me. Looks like fun though!

Nicole said...

Oh, that looks so great! Makes me want to pack up and get ready for s'mores right now!

Julie said...

I loved camping with my family when I was little, but when ever I even think about doing it with our kids it seems imposible. I think if we ever do go it will be an overnight stay. All you super moms that can take four kids camping and keep them fed and happy are amazing.