Monday, September 15, 2008

sister's weekend

Thanks to awesome friends and an even awesomer (hey, if you can say it in a sentence, it's a word!) husband, I was able to sneak off to Boise without the kids, to meet my sisters for our first annual Peterson girls retreat.  We spent three days seeing family...lots of family...and just bumming around Boise with absolutely no agenda whatsoever.  It was great!   A few things I learned..
  • It is possible to eat almost an entire box of raspberry zingers in one night.  We lovingly refer to them as "tiger tails".
  • I snore.  My sister made this crystal clear.  Instead of kindly whispering "wake up.. your snoring!" or "roll over please.  Your waking me up!" She would grab one corner of my pillow and give it a yank.  Not a pleasant way to wake up.  But then, I guess having someone snore in your ear isn't pleasant either.
  • Downtown Boise is a lot cooler now than when I grew up.
  • Doing just about anything is more fun when you do it with your sisters.
Here's to next year girls!  New York is looking good to me.

6 comments:

The Birches said...

What a cute picture! And how fun for you guys to hang out for a whole weekend. Oh, Sarah looks just like your sister! Miss you guys, when you coming to Vegas again?!?!?

The Barlow Family said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT time in Boise. Isn't it so nice to just run away from responsibility for a few days and chill with your sisters. My sisters are coming to Vegas this weekend for Time Out for Women and I am SUPER excited. Especially after reading your post of how much fun you had.

Tami said...

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend! You'll be coming along to Women's Conference next year, right?

Kirbell said...

Yay! What fun! I need to do this with my sisters.

KP said...

You girls are a joyful bunch. Makes me ache for my own 4 sisters! Next month. Wedding in Tulsa for sister #3. My girl time is coming!

Leah Miller said...

That sounds like fun. You can totally tell you guys are sisters...you look a lot alike.