Friday, May 30, 2008

future chef

I usually let Abbey and Lauren watch a cartoon in the morning while I'm getting ready for the day.  Because my children turn into zombies as soon as the tv turns on, I know they won't be getting into trouble for that thirty minutes I'm not with them.  The other morning I came out to find Abbey had changed the channel from cartoons to a cooking show. She then told me all about the meat pie they were making, flakey crust and all.  Now, I know Abbey loves food, but she was passionate about this show!  I sat down with her and we watched them make trifle and then dip pretzels in carmel.  Later that night we made a little trifle of our own.  Mmmm!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

How fun!!! I imagine now that the girls are old enough cooking and baking together is such a fun and wonderful activity. I remember when Sarah was little and you still lived in Springville coming over and making cookies with you two and Abbey crawling around, fun times!!!

Nicole said...

So fun! And I LOVE that Abbey was into the cooking show. That is just too darn cute.

Heather said...

I look forward to eating at Abbey's famous restaurant someday!

KP said...

I love your posts. I love your trifles. I love my sisters too!

Keep it coming girl!!

Tami said...

I can just imagine Abbey's passionate description of the show--she is so cute. The trifles look delicious!

Amy G. said...

those look scrumptious!

Kirbell said...

I wish TV served a more educational purpose at our house. Those trifle parfaits look de-lish!