Saturday, November 1, 2008

Home schooling

Ok I'll just start this with...yes, yes, I want my kids to be socially backward.  Thank you for asking.   And yes, I'm well aware I'll be tremendously busy, and finally yes, I also think I'm a little bit (maybe a lot) crazy to be doing this (so you can just stop thinking it yourself).  That said, it's been a lovely week.  Really.  I took them out on Monday last week and aside from the initial panic attack and screaming thoughts of "Holy Crap!!! I've just ruined their future!!", we're all doing great.  I'm enjoying my kids much more.  The morning drill sargeant routine isn't happening (come on kids!!  MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!)   They're not coming home exhausted, hungry, and full of attitude.  And teaching them has actually been really, really fun.  So, well...wish me luck. 

7 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't know you were doing this! You're so brave for jumping right in. Great job.

The Birches said...

Wow Niki! That's amazing, most moms with 4 children can't wait for their kids to go to school so they can get some peace... NOT YOU though! You're SUPER MOM! I don't even wish to be like you when I have my own children... sounds too difficult! hahaha You're great! Miss you guys

Lance and Kristi said...

Okay..I just removed my comment because I realized I posted a specific location and I didn't want to do that... So here goes again.

Did you know that our school district has a homeschool program? If you are interested in learning more about it, let me know. I tutor someone who is part of this program and have found it a wonderful alternative for those wanting to homeschool. They provide the textbooks, curriculum and even a class that meets once a week to do science labs, writing labs, etc. Let me know if you want to know more about it. I would consider enrolling Elisabeth in it...and I am not usually a huge believer in homeschool. Way to go for taking on this task! Hope it goes well!

Laura said...

What? When did this happen? Well, you know I just started my homeschooling blog if you want to see it. It's very preliminary. schoolhouseourhouse.blogspot.com. Karyli and now you. Welcome to my world! I love teaching my kids absolutely.

Cherie said...

Way to go! Was this because of the Prop 8 thing where you kept your kids home for a day? Just wondering. I know tons of people who are deciding to home school. It's the new thing. good luck.

Kirbell said...

Yay for you. I think you are awesome for doing this. And your girls are the most social people their age I know, so I think they'll be fine!

Amy G. said...

I think you're awesome!