Saturday, November 1, 2008

Soccer

This morning Abbey had her last soccer game for the season.  I can't say she really caught the vision of competitive sports this year.  Most of her time on the field was spent either picking flowers, running the wrong way, or begging to sit out so she could pound down as many oranges slices as possible.   But we had fun watching and cheering, and she can't wait for next season.  So all in all, it was a success.  Way to go Abbey!!

That would be Abbey picking flowers while the other team just scored a goal.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha ha! PIcking the flower...that is so funny. I love it. And....you're homeschooling? Did I miss something? I read your post about not sending them to school, but I thought it was for one day....we need to chat!

Bonnie said...

That's so cute! It's neat that they have all girls on the team. Our league has them mixed up until they're 8 or 9 and I think a lot of girls get too intimidated by the overly-competitive boys before they really even learn to play. Maggie spent all of her one and only season standing (or sitting) in the middle of the field watching the other kids running past her.

Heather B said...

My Abby's team has the exact same color uniforms! She loves soccer, though I've been a bad mom and haven't posted any photos yet. Oops. Good luck with homeschooling--you're a better mom than I am!