Monday, August 11, 2008

Water bottle contraband


Yesterday Brent caught Sarah and Lauren hiding in Tyler's room taking "hits" off the water bottle.  As funny as that sounds, I alone created this obsession in my children.  Explaining to them that the water is stale, probably squirming with germs, and has just gotta taste bad, doesn't seem to have much effect. Even that nasty warning of "it'll probably give you diarrhea" does absolutely nothing.  Merely by saying "don't drink that!!" I've instilled in them a permanent desire to snatch and drink.   Wouldn't it be great if this worked across the board?  "What ever you do, don't do your chores!!"  "Please, stop eating that broccoli"  "I don't want any hugs and kisses today!" I suppose if sneaking my water bottle is the worst thing they do, I don't have much to complain about right?  And I do get lots of hugs and kisses.  Like I said, not much to complain about.

3 comments:

Amy G. said...

So I shouldn't fill the leftover hairspray bottle with water then?

KP said...

Isn't that funny. She loves that! I love her clean, freshly rolled hair. How I remember the morning curls!

Nicole said...

Well, my kids are 5 and 4 and I STILL can't convince them that bath water is NOT ok to drink. Sick.