Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Toes for lunch

So in the interest of time and convenience, I fed my kids costco hotdogs for lunch today.  I know, I KNOW, but there are times when convenience outweighs childhood obesity.  No pun intended.  The place was packed but we finally got a table and settled into the business of eating.  Tyler was in my lap and I was trying to eat my pizza despite the handfuls of cheese he kept grabbing off my slice of pizza.  The kid has hands that strike like a cobra.  I look over, and Lauren has taken the dog out of the bun and replaced it with her adorable, albeit dirty, little foot.  It fit just right with her little toes sticking out of the top. She had it up by her plate and was eating the bun  from around her foot like it was the most natural thing in the world.  I may not have noticed except for the table of middle aged, asian, businessmen busting a gut at the table next to us.  Foot long anyone?

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I didn't have my camera.  But here's another cute picture of little toes.  Can't say I'm a fan of grown-up feet, but those baby ones sure are cute!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

I love reading your blog and hearing all of the cute things that your children are doing. Lauren is a hoot.

KP said...

Now THAT is funny!!!!

Those baby feet are adorable. I am with you on that one. Can't get enough of little feet, chubby cheeks, and neck rolls.

Heather said...

That was hysterical! Thanks for sharing! My niece once took off her dirty sock, placed it on her hand, and proceeded to pull bits from her bread with the socked hand and eat it. You've got to love what kids come up with.

The Barlow Family said...

I love this girl! I love to hear about all of her adventures of toddlerhood. She is so FUNNY! Watch out I'm sure she'll teach Tyler a trick or two in the upcoming years. Can you imagine if she had a twin. FUN STUFF!

Amy G. said...

And she amazes us yet again. Oh Lauren! Thanks for the good laugh!

Trixie said...

ROTFL!! Oh, my I can just see the guy at the table next to you guys laughing:) So funny.

Tami said...

Great story! It's amazing how these little minds work!