Saturday, July 5, 2008

A day in her life

A few of Lauren's antics the last couple of days.  The house has been a little chaotic since the move and she's making the most of it.
  • sneak the five gallon tub of butter and eat half of it with a spoon.
  • use the other half to paint her little brother.
  • sneak the butter again and paint the grate of mom's new floor fan.
  • cut up her sun dress with mom's kitchen scissors.
  • decided using the toilet just isn't fun.  She now goes on the floor in front and cleans it up with the bathroom towels.  (I'm hating laundry)
  • find the scissors again and shave a section of the new carpet.
  • dump a full bottle of shampoo into her bathtub.  Instant bubbles.
  • later paints the dry tub (and the wall and herself) with a full bottle of new shampoo because it "feels really fun and slippery".  It did, actually, look fun and slippery.  I almost joined her.  But the adult in me prevailed because cleaning up that thick soap takes about....oh....three hundred rinses.  All in good fun right?

8 comments:

Heather said...

oh no!!! Sounds like you've had your hands full!!

The Birches said...

Hi Niki!! Lauren has gone bananas! Pretty funny reading that blog since I'm not the one who has to clean all that up! Oh, we have a blog now too! ahaha No funny kid stories, but still.. I was bored! Miss you guys!

Tami said...

Sweet little Lauren?!?! That is UNREAL! What a day.

Nicole said...

WHAT?! Oh my goodness Niki....that little one's got some spunk, eh? I think my favorite has got to be eating the half tub of butter. That's just hilarious. How do you keep up?

Audra Bollard said...

I like how you posted the picture of her looking adorable at the end of this post . . . sometimes it's all that saves them isn't it? :)

Amy G. said...

wow! actually it sounds familiar. when i was sweeping the floor the other day i found some of ellie's hair there and the next day caught her in the act. and i hear ya on the toilet messes. i feel like i'm half covered in poop most of the day! erggg! AND the butter tub thing is familiar...though that was me as a kid and not my kids. my brothers used to call me "butter ball." nice huh?

sounds like you're coping!

Laura said...

For some reason, I finally got a hold of your blog via Bonnie. Nice to see you again! ...Just think how boring your blog would be without the Lauren antics. It makes for great reading.

KP said...

That picture is AWESOME!! Seriously, how cute can a smallish human being get?
My word she is busy! Very busy. Guess that makes you...very busy, too? Hee, hee. You're the best!