Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Jedi Knight

Instead of a birthday party this year, Sarah wanted to go to Disneyland with JUST her mom and no one else.  Can I just tell you how totally awesome that was?  I've found that as her age increases, my coolness definitely decreases (that might be because I say things like "totally awesome").   Half the time she won't even hold my hand!  So I decided bribery was in order and bought her all the junk food she could eat.  It was so much fun just spending time with her!  As our family grows, it's hard to get that one on one time with each of the children, and I really miss it.  One of the highlights of the night was the Star Wars Jedi Knight training camp. Sarah, of course, was chosen to train as a Jedi.  Who wouldn't pick her?  She's adorable!!  She learned a fight sequence with her light saber, rejected the Dark Side and then fought Darth Vader all by her little, sweet self.  I was so proud!!!

After she was chosen, they gave her a robe and light saber.  Let the training begin!
One of the Jedi Knights gave Sarah some special instruction about being a Jedi.
In the middle of their training, the back of the stage rose out of the ground and Darth Vader and Darth Mahl made their entrance!  It was so cool with all the smoke and lights!

She was incredibly brave fighting Darth Vader!  He was so big and she, so little.
Love the braids!
And it's official.  Certificate and all.  Sarah is now a genuine padowan of the Jedi Knights.


7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Niki! What a wonderful bday gift...for both of you! Anna and Kate would just DIE if I took them to do something like that. Kate says when she grows up she wants to be Yoda, "'cuz he never gets dead."

Trixie said...

That's so awesome! What a great way to spend time together, it looks like so much fun!

Amy G. said...

I love that picture of you and Sarah. She looks sooo much like you! Both so beautiful!

The Barlow Family said...

I'm sure that will be a Birthday Sarah will never forget. She is growing up so fast I can't believe it. It's so Awesome that you were able to go, just you and her and have some fun. I was so sad we missed you on your way through. We may be coming to California soon. If we do we'd love to see you guys if it works out.

Heather said...

That's so cute that she got to fight Vader all by herself! That must have been a really fun day!

Kirbell said...

Yay! She was so cute AND brave! Sarah is adorable. I also cherish those one-on-one times with my kids. Wish it could happen more often.

KP said...

That is beyond cool! Happy Birthday Sarah. Your mom is lucky to have such a brave daughter and you are lucky to have such a "totally awesome" mom!!