Friday, March 11, 2011

boys

Several years ago I taught a primary class. Six boys.. all five years old. And I'd never really been around little boys. Didn't know how to handle them. At home I had three lovely, quiet, little girls and they were absolutely nothing like these boys.
(This is my brilliant, handsome 14 year old nephew.
I'm pretty sure he's going to rule the world someday.)
These boys smelled. And made, you know... noises.. that smelled. They punched and yelled. A lot. As horrible as it sounds.. I think I liked little girls much more than I liked little boys.
(This is my other brilliant, handsome 11 year old nephew.
I already know of two little girls who want to marry him.. ahem..
if they weren't related.)
And then I had two little boys of my own. Two rowdy, smelly, perfect little boys.
And I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could possibly love little girls more than little boys.
Thank heaven for balance! Our house now has it as well as my heart.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Mom! You didn't have to write about me wanting to marry you-know-who!! That is privet!!! Don't think that I don't read your blog!

Sarah