Sunday, July 25, 2010

black and white

Is it bad blog etiquette to delete some random, crazy post you wrote as a sleep deprived, lactating, hormonal mess? Umm.. sorry I said lactating. And hormonal. But hey, it is what it is. So if you read my previous post.. sorry for the drama. It happens to me sometimes and no, I'm not medicating. But I probably should be.

Let's just skip to the photography question shall we? So there's this lady who takes the prettiest pictures and she always shoots directly into the setting sun. Her pictures look so soft and, and.. ethereal. But when I try it, the sun reflecting off my lens overexposes everything. I had to fix the light levels on all these pictures, but that said, I was still pleased with the result. Although they look nothing like hers.

And that's a fake knife Ty's wielding! No sister's were hurt in the shooting of these pictures. Just chased around a lot. All in good fun right?






3 comments:

Heather B said...

Just gorgeous. The kids and the light. I'm so glad you keep trying for the perfect shot, and that we get to keep admiring the beauty that is your family.

Laura said...

I saw this and thought of you:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/wonderment/howto-make-magical-bokeh-photographs-0118275/

Nicole said...

Hey! You did awesome on these! Which mode are you shooting in? If you're shooting into the sun, I'd recommend going fully manual mode and messing with the shutter speed. That will make all the difference. And definitely do not have your flash on (though you'll read other places to use it for fill light, but I can guarantee that's NOT what Sheye does.) Anyway, just keep doing what you're doing because it's working!