Saturday, June 6, 2009

Emergency Preparedness Fair

The kids and I hit an Emergency Prep Fair today and I gotta say, it was surprisingly cool!  There was food, friends, and tons of stuff to look at and explore.  We had a blast!  I had no idea there were so many varieties of emergency vehicles.  In this one they simulated a fire and helped the kids escape through a back window.  There was smoke and everything.  Did I mention it was really cool?
We got up close and personal with several fire trucks.  The kids got to crawl around inside, outside, and all the way through, touching whatever caught their fancy.

And this!  This was my favorite part.  Honestly? I think I'm in love.  I now long for a pure bred blood hound of my very own.  Just look at those ears and that adorable, droopy face!  These dogs were absolutely amazing.  They had kids crawling all over them  and could not have looked more content.  
Meet Taffy.  She's had a long and illustrious career with the O.C. Police and is now in partial retirement.  The officer with her said she never gives up on a scent.  Ever.
And this is Sonsee-Array with the velvety ears.  She was absolutely beautiful and I wanted to take her home with me.  Sarah thought she had too much slobber.   City kid!
Here we have a little dress up going on...
And this of course was the kids favorite part.  Face painting.  She makes a darn cute butterfly doesn't she?
Over all, a really great Saturday.  And we are now a little wiser in the event of an emergency.   Oh, and I want a blood hound with velvety soft ears.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like too big a dog for me. We'll stick with the chihuahua!
Kids look great!

preparednesspro said...

Looks like the family had a great preparedness adventure. That's the way to do it, incorporating learning and fun. I'm sure you're all that much more prepared in the event of a fire. Unplugging toasters, blenders and hair dryers when not in use is a great way to prevent fires from occurring in your home. http://tinyurl.com/qtzn9v

Nicole said...

Oh, that looks like a blast! And your kiddos are so adorable....little Lauren with her butterfly face!