Friday, March 14, 2008

Guinea Pig Nova

Picture this: Brent and I trudging to the pet store, looks of resignation on our faces. Children leaping around us in exultant bliss as we choose the perfect family pet.  Ok, not the perfect pet.  I mean, really, if it's not a dog or cat what's the point? Anyway, back to the story.  So Molly the guinea pig comes to live at our house.  And I have to give her credit.  Her gentle nature is winning me over.  She's great with the kids and her little squeaks when we feed her are kinda cute.  A few weeks later I notice she's getting pretty big.  I mean REALLY big.  Are we feeding her too much? The wrong kind of food?  I get a little suspicious.  Upon further investigation, I realize Molly came to us "in the family way".  Dang it!!!  I'm online frantically reading up on guinea pig birth.  Long story short, our investment tripled in value last Saturday.  The children all gathered round and we watched two more pigs come into the world.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Too funny. We had some hamsters that did that. My mother LOVED that! Ha ha ha. And Niki, you remind me of my sister. She "secretly" started a blog because she too is a perfectionist. And can you believe it, I totally "happened upon it" out in cyberspace. Can't keep these things a secret. Nor should you! We want to see your beautiful family.

Speaking of which....is that LAUREN! I can't believe how much hair she has!

Amy G. said...

that is great. i bet the kids loved witnessing the birth! so glad you're blogging it now!

The Birches said...

HAHAHAHAH Oh my gosh Niki! That is just TOO funny! I miss you guys! I'm so happy that you have a blog now! Love you guys!

KP said...

Crickey! They look almost as big as the mom. A couple of fine specimens. Just don't let those siblings mate or you'll get some crazy psycho combos that may not be fun at all. You know, like missing a leg or an ear or running into the glass, on purpose!