Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thoughts on peace

I heard a woman talking about peace yesterday and I've spend much of today with her words on my mind. She said it's misunderstood. We seek after it.. ache for it even.. when in reality all we have to do is give in to it.
I've wondered about this all day. Is it really so simple? I understand that happiness is often.. ok maybe always.. a personal decision. Is peace the same way?
I believe that God wants our happiness above all else. His peace is a part of that.. but in the chaos of my day how do I find it? Peace and quiet are just not possible in our home. So I have to find peace without the quiet.
I do ache for it some days. I feel frustrated by the mess or the children bickering and peace is a stranger. Other days I feel a lovely, still place in my heart despite all the crazy going on around me. Those are good days.. So tomorrow I'll choose peace. I'll give in to it. Accept the gift. I want it to be that simple. I hope it can be..

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE it. Aren't peace and happiness the same thing? I've never seen a person who a person at peace who doesn't exude happiness or one who is not at peace but happy. They could be distracted, or entertained, or having fun, but not happy. Have you ever read the book "Happiness is a Serious Problem"?

Laura said...

forgive the typo...i'm at peace with it.