Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On Easter, parks, and Moms

I wanted to write about our Easter egg hunt and how beautiful the park was today. Tyler was especially fun to watch. Three year olds! They are truly a gift from God. So honest, and excited, and alive.
Looking at these pictures of our day, I wanted to call my Mom. Wanted to tell her how pretty the sun was and how green the grass looked. How funny the kids were. They are growing up so fast!
She passed away over ten years ago and it's still hard for me to talk about her. The missing sneaks up on me. Kind of like an ocean wave when your back is turned.
I want to tell her about the day to day. Mostly I just want to feel like she's still a part of my life. I want to share my kids and my thoughts with her.
I'm not sure how long grief is supposed to last. It fades some with time but so do my memories of her. I'm a different woman now. Older.. more responsible. I'm a mother myself, but I still miss her like a little girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Nikki! You always make me cry! I don't think you ever get over losing your mom or stop grieving her. And missing her missing out on your life and more importantly, your kids lives. I miss my mom every holiday, every milestone my child has and every time I have a "curl up in bed, read a book and shut out the world" day. A girl will always need her mom, no matter how old.

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Wow, I cant believe its been ten years. I'm so sorry for your sadness. But you dont need to call her.... she knows. And shes watching her grandchildren. xoxo