Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little Man is three

The older he grows the more I see how very different he is from his sisters. I'm learning to speak his language. He talks so much less. Grunts and growls mostly. And car noises. Lots of those. I can't keep his fingernails clean for the life of me and only make him take a bath a couple of times a week. With him I'm learning to pick my battles.
But he makes the best dinosaur noises in the world and will play with me anytime, anywhere. His kisses, although rarely given without trickery, melt my heart to pieces and I could listen to him laugh for the rest of my life and be perfectly content.
I'm learning that little boys are determined, playful, active, little things. And this little guy is especially so. He thinks his Daddy is the most incredible person in the world and grieves every morning when he leaves for work.
Then celebrates every night upon his return. Happiness in this life is deeply tied to hot wheels, bikes, dinosaurs and the timely return of his daddy. Here's to another year little guy. I can't wait to learn what you'll teach me next.

5 comments:

R said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I can't wait to learn what raising little boys is like. Did you make that cake??

Tami said...

What a handsome little guy! I love those pictures, and I love that cake. I'm super impressed if you made it.

Niki said...

Don't be too impressed! It was surprisingly easy. Two blocks of cake, a few oreos and kill it with frosting! I tell ya, you can find directions for anything online. Oh, what I mean is thanks. For the compliment. I'm not very good at accepting those. :}

Leah Miller said...

Very cool cake.

Niki said...

Ok Mom, I think you forgot to say how much I, I mean we, like it when Tyler laughs.
Sarah
P.S. My mom did make the cake.